Wednesday, January 02, 2013

New Year's

"I blew another year"--Charlie Brown

Last night was New Year's Eve.  As is my usual custom, I retired well before midnight, earlier than I usually do. (Noise out on the street wakes me up at midnight.) But in the morning I slept in as late as I usually do.  I just don't feel like getting up.

Over the Christmas break, I finished the latest season of MAD MEN--not enough Betty for my taste--and saw the latest season of CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM, one of my favorite TV comedies ever:  I think my favorite character is Jeff's wife Susie, especially when she launches into profane rants.  I liked the episode where Susie and Jeff's dog was about to be put down so she sent him and Larry to buy this brand of frozen yogurt for its last meal, but on the way back Larry took a bite from it, then Jeff took a bigger bite, which bugged Larry so he took a second bite, and Jeff did the same, and the pissing match ended with the whole thing eaten!

Sunday of last week I saw 56 UP at the Bloor:  it's the latest installment in the British 7 UP documentary series that's been profiling a group of English people every seven years since their childhood.  (I've been watching it since 28 UP.) Just today I saw the 3D release of MONSTERS INC., for the first time.  Pretty cute.

Last Saturday I had dinner at Golden Thai restaurant with my Aspergers Meetup group. (We went to Spring Rolls nearby for dessert.) I went to another Karaoke Meetup at BarPlus afterward.

Do I have any New Year's resolutions?  Well, I quit the jigsaw puzzle app:  I enjoy them but I might spend the rest of my life doing them!  Maybe I should wake up earlier, but I need to increase my motivation...

No comments: