Sunday, November 24, 2019

Adventures in dating

Well, it's been a while since I posted on this blog.

I've been in touch with several women on Silver Singles and OKCupid.  And getting close to meeting them!

I was hoping to meet Robin the poet on Thursday, but we couldn't get together to finalize details. It's just as well, because on Thursday I woke up with a huge headache!  It must have been the flu or something.

Just the night before I'd seen the latest episode of Pooch Cafe, one of the comic strips I follow at Go Comics. (I used to read it in The Globe and Mail.) There was a joke involving a cat regurgitating a hairball, and I couldn't resist posting in the comments section this classic cheer:

Regurgitate, regurgitate!
Bring up everything you ate!
V! O! M-I-T!
Vomit, vomit, vomit, blyaagghh!

I must have tempted karma, because on the following evening I went through severe nausea. We'd bought this new butter chicken and it seemed to disagree with me.  Or maybe it was just the flu.  On the bright side, my headache went away!


Today I met Kim from OK Cupid and we went for a walk on Harbourfront. (I got her consent to write about her here.) It was surprisingly nice weather for a walk--there'd been a cold wind just earlier, but it was gone.  Kim treated me to a Tim Horton's doughnut!  It's an auspicious start.

Tonight we saw the first episode of the third season of The Crown. (We resubscribed to Netflix just for that.) It involved Churchill's death and Anthony Blunt.  They recast the lead roles, but it's eerie how similar their performances are!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your experiences in dating! It is lovely to meet new people and share our thoughts. Enjoy the Crown.