Thursday, July 09, 2020

Dog days

It finally rained yesterday.  The air felt fresher afterward.  The only problem was that today the dirt in the basement was a lot wetter and heavier--so was the the sand for the concrete.  I moved a lot of dirt in the morning, but when we mixed concrete in the afternoon I got worn out and had to quit with one more batch to gather. (I was starting to think less clearly and was afraid of getting into an accident!) Fortunately, Moira managed to take up the slack for that last batch.

Nobody showed up for my book club discussing Sister Carrie on Thursday. But a few people came to see the movie version the following day.

Last Monday, to be different, I bought some frozen juice at the supermarket.

Tonight I got about nine people (including me) for the History Meetup discussion of the Dutch Empire.

I found a Youtube channel with clips of the music on the anime One Piece.  It has some really brilliant background music by Kohei Tanaka and Shirou Hamaguchi!

Can't think of much to write about--this hot weather is getting to me!

No comments: