Saturday, September 05, 2020

Under the weather

I've been under the weather the last few days.  I have a bit of a headache just now.

Last week my watch party showed Alexander Korda's The Private Life of Henry VIII.  Tonight we showed Stanley Kubrick's 18th-century epic Barry Lyndon.  It's the third time I've seen it, and it benefits from repeated viewing, though the second half gets lugubrious.  It's a great visual achievement. (Production design by Ken Adam, who did all those James Bond sets...)


Tuesday I got my eyes tested.  I had to register my prescription so ODSP will pay for it, but I'll come to choose the frames next week.


There was a blackout this morning, so I couldn't use this computer.  An event like that reminds me how much I've come to depend on the Internet, especially with the social isolation just now.


I finished the Skypiea story that makes up the fourth year of One Piece.  I've returned to the fourth year of Dragon Ball Z, which is getting weird.  Bulma and the sociopathic Saiyan Vegeta had a baby called Trunks, but now the grown-up Trunks has arrived from the future to help them fight these androids, and a future monster called Cell has also arrived....  I prefer the first Dragon Ball series overall, which was somewhat less focused on the fighting.


I finished my ebook of The Inconvenient Indian.  Now it's time to read Little Women.

No comments: