Thursday, February 03, 2022

Here comes 60!

"I wish you hadn't told me the sordid facts.  That's the trouble with provincial life.  Everyone knows everyone and there is no mystery.  No romance"--The French Lieutenant's Woman


Not much to write about just now.  With the cinemas reopening, I can go to the movies again and have more to discuss...


Saturday is my 60th birthday.  I don't feel like much of a do:  I bought a small cake, and we can eat McDonald's. (You know you're getting old when...)


In the big snowstorm last week, our snow shovel got swiped off the front porch, so I trudged several blocks to the hardware store to buy a new one, and that one got stolen too!  We got a third one, and now we keep inside.  Funny that today's snowstorm didn't materialize...


I finished reading The War of the Three Gods, and now I've started John Fowles' The French Lieutenant's Woman for my book club.  It reads almost like non-fiction!


I still haven't tried that Wordle game, but I think I'd be good at it...

No comments: