Friday, May 03, 2024

A cold


    I caught a cold last week, so I've been slow.


    Finished the book about the Mexican-American War, so I've put a hold on Barbarian and Emperor, a book about Charlemagne for the June History Meetup.  I've started reading the water issue of Lapham's Quarterly, which looks interesting.


    We read the first half of Moliere's Ecole des Femmes last week and decided to do the second half this week instead of the end of the month.  We're also reading some funny Stephen Leacock stories next week, and see Jacques Tati's Mon Oncle the week after.


    I've been relearning Classical Greek.  I'm now at a particularly challenging level of participles and the perfect tense.


    With Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons finished, I'm now watching Stingray, another 1960s British puppet show about two sailors on a submarine.  They're accompanied by Marina, a sea maiden who doesn't talk. (Shades of the Little Mermaid...) You'd think she'd be more useful to their missions!


    This Sunday my singing group is performing for the last time before the summer break, at the Duke pub in the East End.


    Time to start the garden...

No comments: