Tuesday, March 01, 2016

Leap Day

I'm almost over my cold.  It's past its peak and is now in the final headache phase.

I'm finished with "hell week." I warned Beatrice that I might not be able to make the last week of shows, but I'm still hopeful that I can.  Sunday Moira came to see Elixir and afterward we walked home together. (The weather was nice, but today the temperature dropped sharply.)

At Thursday's opera show, I ended up putting on way too much shade and had to add a whole lot of powder to blend it.  But overall I've got pretty good at applying my own makeup.  For me the hardest part isn't being onstage but waiting in the wings.  When a task is impending it looks really big, but it doesn't seem so big once you're actually doing it!  In my spare time backstage I've been reading I, Claudius.

Moira borrowed the miniseries Texas Rising from the library, about the 1836 Texan War of Independence.  She seemed to lose interest when she found out how long it was, but I've started watching it.  It doesn't stint on brutality. (Crispin Glover, an actor who's always interested me, has a supporting role.)

At today's memoir group there were eighteen people!

I'm depressed about Hillary Clinton winning the South Carolina primary.  If she gets nominated Trump will crush her for sure! (She's the sort of "establishment" figure who'll be convenient for him to run against.) The online people who keep denouncing Bernie Sanders with talk of "free stuff" and "unicorns" remind me of Joseph's brothers saying, "Here cometh the dreamer.  Let us slay him, then we shall see what happens to his dreams!"

No comments: