Friday, May 05, 2017

The big day

I'm flying to London tonight, so this may be my last post for a while.  I'm already starting to get into that focused mindset I have during my visits.

Wednesday I went to Hakim Optical and bought a new case for my glasses. (I misplaced the old one somewhere around the time of the Poetry Meetup last weekend.) Yesterday I went to Mountain Equipment Co-Op and bought a new backpack.  The old one is over twenty years old--I had it in my eight-month stay--and has got pretty threadbare by now.  

I also went to the Bell shop in Dufferin Mall and got a SIM card for my new Iphone. (I had to go home for my passport because they don't accept health cards!) I've enabled its camera and map software that'll show you where you are, which is more important to me than the phone.  It also has a weather feature, so I know it's now a bit warmer in London. And I've muted the ringtone: wouldn't want it going off in the theatre!

I was at that Wednesday night Meetup when someone asked me if I had friends in London.  I answered, "London is my friend." While Toronto is my wife, and Paris is like that gorgeous lady you feel a bit wary of...

Last night was the latest History Meetup.  We met at the Robarts Library for the first time and discussed revolutions. One of the people was an Iranian who knew something about that country's revolution.

No comments: