Sunday, November 18, 2018

THE HAPPY PRINCE

"I've suffered a broken heart, but hearts are made to be broken.  That's why God sent sorrow into the world..."--The Happy Prince

Wednesday I saw theRevolutionary Girl Utena movieAdolescence Apocalypse (for the second time) on Youtube.  It's a rhapsodic mess, which gets bizarre in the last part when Utena gets transformed into a car that Anthy races into the outside world! (Nanami only appears briefly, alas, in her bovine form.)

At Thursday night's opera rehearsal, we did some more acting exercises.  I pretended to put a pet mouse down Heather's back!

Yesterday I went to Wal-Mart and bought a new pair of pants, new slippers and a new tee and polo shirt. (I also got some bulk peanuts!) I'm finally wearing my winter boots now, what with the snow.

Today I saw Rupert Everett'sThe Happy Prince, about Oscar Wilde's struggling last years, with Anne and her friend Javeed at the Carleton. Bitterly compelling.

No comments: