Sunday, November 25, 2018

This Blessed Plot, This Earth, This Realm

Sunday was Reading Out Loud Meetup.  The topic was British writing so  titled the event "This Blessed Plot, This Earth This Realm."  I read the opening passages of Thomas Hardy's Return of the Native and David Lodge's Nice Work (my shrink likes David Lodge).  Our other reading included Kipling's "Harp Song of the Dane Women" and W. Somerset Maugham's "The Verger." There was a British guy there with a lot to say--too bad I'm terrible at remembering names.  I like events where we don't just read texts but talk about them too!

Wednesday night I went to another Organizers Meetup, and met some more new people.

Thursday night we got the chorus staging straight for The Marriage of Figaro in the gym section of St. Matthew's. (I have the music down cold by now.)

Just today Miriam and I went to see the Lego mural people are assembling outside Union Station.  She likes talking with me a lot.

I've started watching online the third season of Sailor Moon, which I've never seen before.  There are two new sailor senshi, Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune, who come across as butch and femme. This time the monsters are out to steal pure hearts to find talismans or something...

I reached a dead end in that Golden Valley game, so I quit.  Now I've started the new games Farmcliff and Gold Frontier, both of which remind me of the Zynga game Frontierville, which I used to enjoy greatly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you liked people more, you might want to learn their names.