Tuesday, October 29, 2019

OKCupid

I've found a new dating website called OKCupid.  For this one you can answer a whole lot of questions and decide if the other person's answer to each question is important to you. (Questions like "If you could only choose one, would you save a beloved pet from a house fire or a human?") Answering these questions is fun--I've answered over a thousand, and largely deemed them unimportant. About the only important question for me is whether she smokes.  It's as fun as actually meeting the women!

I decided I had to quit the Toronto City Opera production of Tales of Hoffmann.  I just don't have the energy for it this year!  Better to disappoint them now than later.

Sunday my Classic Book Club discussed Don Quixote.  I feared another minimal turnout, but there were actually five people including me.

Yesterday at the memoir group they had a subject I couldn't think of anything to say about: "Emotions." Funny how I can get pretty emotional on some subjects, but when it comes to talking about emotions in general I draw a blank.  Bev wondered if it has something to do with me being an Aspie...

I've had some trouble lately with Ontario Disability Support Payments. (I got a letter from them back in July about being audited, which I carelessly misplaced!) But everything's settled now, and I'm getting the payments again.  Father and Moira were more worried about it than I was--money just isn't that real to me.

The last few days the others have been eating dinner in front of the TV, watching Stephen Colbert's show.  I prefer to eat in the dining room, not because I dislike the show but because I'd rather focus on my food. (I can hear the show anyway.) I'm glad they don't see me as antisocial!

On Youtube lately I've been watching clips from Gene Siskel and Roger Ebert's PBS movie-review show Sneak Previews from between 1978 and 1982.  Some of their Dogs of the Week were "Hollywood North" productions from Canada.

No comments: