Monday, May 25, 2020

Another dry spell

It's been a week and a half since my last post here!  There just hasn't been much going on in my life.

Every day or two I check the latest Covid-19 statistics.  First I check the Canadian figures to see if we're getting closer to ending isolation. (Even though I know a watched pot never boils...)


Then I see the international figures here. (But bear in mind, random testing and death rate statistics suggest that in the USA the true figure is two or three times as big!)


This page shows new cases.  It looks like Iran's already in a second wave.


It's Victoria Day, and the warm weather has arrived.  We're now opening the living room windows, and today I mowed the lawn for the first time this year.  I also brought out my summer hat.  John finished relaying the floor of the big second-storey room that used to be mine, and it was fun helping him align the individual boards so the whole thing would be flush!

Thursday night the book club met and discussed Leaves of Grass.  Only a few people came, but the book was a real revelation for me!  Walt Whitman was a rare original.

I now have over 5000 followers on Twitter, a number that exceeds people I follow.  That means I can be more lenient in following more Tweeters, since my maximum is now something like 5500!

I finished rewatching the third season of Sailor Moon, and now I'm on the last arc of Dragon Ball, with Son Goku doing nth-degree training up above the clouds with Mr. Popo.  Some people think Popo is racist, but I find him pretty cool.

Peaky Blinders is getting to be a little much.  It's the kind of show where we see Churchill painting with a nude model. (I could hear them thinking, "What can we throw in that's attention-grabbing?") One Youtube comment said, "I got lung cancer just from watching the show." Not only do the characters smoke a lot, there's generally a smoggy industrial atmosphere!

No comments: