Saturday, May 09, 2020

Bits and pieces

I'm ashamed of myself, taking so long between posts on this blog!  Why don't I feel motivated?

I've found some more virtual Meetup events.  On Saturday nights I do a virtual karaoke.  I don't have a handheld mike and the audio has trouble, but I sing five songs at each event.  And on Sunday mornings there's an event where we talk military history.

I've returned to watching Dragon Ball, now the third season with the second worldwide martial-arts competition. And I bought and read an Ebook of the first chapters of the manga version of One Piece.

It's less than two weeks to the virtual Book Club, so I'll have to get Leaves of Grass read. (I had to google the word "eidolon"--it's a sort of spirit-image.)

John finished remodelling the kitchen, so now he's renovating the big second-floor room that he'd previously been keeping all his tools in.  He pulled up all the floorboards, and I helped him drive out all the nails, which means hammering them on the sharp side to push them up enough for a hammer claw to do the rest.  When that's finished, we can make it into a guest room and move in the excess furniture now in my and Moira's rooms.

Today there were some snow flurries! (The big temperature drop gave me another headache.) I remember when I was growing up in New Brunswick, there'd be snow in May once every several years.

I'm now in the Orcs and Goblins chapter of the online Elvenar game.

I now have over 4800 followers on Twitter.  Which means my ceiling of Tweeters I can follow has finally been raised a bit above 5000!

No comments: