Saturday, May 13, 2023

Open window weather!

Last Friday I met Maria and Sergey for lunch, for the first time since Before Covid!


We've been watching Arctic Circle on topic.com .  It's about a policewoman in northern Finland dealing with cases that require working with the nearby Russians. (She has a daughter with Down's Syndrome.) The first season was a multiple murder case involving a dangerous virus with a potential for a worldwide Covid-type pandemic.  The second season, involving a Russian vigilante cult, is rather hard to swallow.


Nobody came to my History Meetup about Cuba.  But I'll try again with Phoenician history next month.


Wednesday I went to North York Central library to borrow A Short History of the Phoenicians, and there's a shop there where you can buy library discharge books cheap, so I picked up Korean children's books about Lincoln and Gauguin. (I've already started translating the Lincoln book!)


I also went to see my shrink, whom I almost missed:  I remembered his new address, but forgot which floor he was on!  I ended up walking up and down the stairs between eight floors, before finally finding him.  Oh well, I have a new ambition to start walking a mile a day.


I'm now rehearsing Die Fledermaus with the Toronto City Opera.  We did it about fifteen years ago at a time when I was playing the computer game Farmville, so this music reminds me a bit of that game.


Yesterday I bought the seeds and plants for our back yard garden.  Today I finally mowed the lawn, after a bee-friendly delay while the dandelions are blooming. (We're planting borage again, which the bees also like.)


Now that I've caught up with One Piece, I've started watching Dragonball Z again, this time dubbed.

No comments: