Friday, February 27, 2015

Still recovering

This was a heavy cold!  I missed yesterday's show, to be on the safe side.  But I hope I can make it tomorrow. (Several other people have been absent.

Monday afternoon I made it to the memoir slam.  Instead of writing about "November," I took it on myself to write an independent piece under the subject "Bereavement." They thought it was quite good.  The other subject was "How smart am I?" and I think I managed to be pretty funny.

Monday evening I also made choir practice.  Our new piece was the famous Welsh folk song "The Ash Grove." When we sang "So Long, Farewell," I pointed out that when the women sing "I'd like to stay and taste my first champagne," they should be saying "Yes?" before we say "No!" (For some reason, the score had them saying "No?") I'd watched a clip of the number from the movie version to confirm this.

Tuesday I went to the chorus rehearsal for the gala concert.  We're singing the Champagne Song from Johann Strauss' Die Fledermaus (in English, so it's pretty easy) and the Anvil Chorus from Verdi's Il Trovatore.

I finished my grapefruit, but thankfully Moira bought a new batch!

The Friday crossword puzzle from The New York Times was tougher than usual.  Or maybe I'm just less patient.

No comments: