Thursday, February 05, 2015

New computer

My new computer arrived yesterday!  It's fairly similar to the old one, but a new gadget is always fun.  I've already started writing a translation of a Portuguese pamphlet in the "lives of saints" series, focusing on Catholics martyred in Japan four centuries ago.  Once again, I prefer my old-fashioned wired mouse.

Monday there was a lot of snow.  Both Selia and Ernie missed the memoir slam, so I took charge. (The subjects were your favourite swimming hole and a sense of home.) There were nine people there, a figure I reported to the librarian as Selia usually does.  That night choir practice was cancelled again because of the weather, but I hadn't checked my email and only figured it out when I arrived there.

Yesterday Malabar delivered the new costumes for the opera and I helped unpack them as usual.  My Don Giovanni costume includes a habitant-like cap!  We wore the costumes for dress rehearsals of A Masked Ball last night, and Don Giovanni tonight. (Don Giovanni is a long opera, yet it never seems long!)

On Youtube I've found playthroughs of the King's Quest games, including number seven which I mastered years ago (with help from online cheats).  I've also found Cinema Sins, which features videos listing off all the things wrong with movies like Titanic (e.g. 20 minutes of false suspense over whether Rose will live, when we know she'll live because she's telling the story!) or telling us "How to make a Brad Pitt movie"!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fascinating life you lead! Drama every day!