Wednesday, December 30, 2015

THE WIRE

"He's a piece of shit!" "Everyone's a piece of shit when they get in your way.  It goes with the territory"--The Wire

We had a pretty normal, quiet Christmas.  This year instead of turkey we had scalloped potatoes and ham.  We saved our plum pudding for when Donald came over two days ago.

Yesterday we visited the lawyer near Eglinton station and made the last arrangements to create the segregated account so I can qualify for ODSP.  Father's more concerned about my future finances than I've ever been:  he's a child of the Depression.

I've been watching the third season of The Wire on DVD.  This time the focus is on street dealing and a police officer's experiment creating a zone where dealers can operate free of police interference.

I've got up to Level 103 in Candy Crush Saga!  I'm at Level 106 in Pet Rescue Saga but I don't know if it's possible to get any further.

I'm not big on New Year's resolutions, but I've switched to a skim-milk diet.

Monday was the first really cold weather, and Monday night was our first significant snowfall, so now I'm wearing my winter coat and boots.  I like the weather just now, with snow on the ground but the temperature above freezing.

In Barbara Tuchman's history of the 14th century, I was reading about town criers in Paris yesterday.  I'll bet I'd have made a good town crier, what with my loud voice!

I recently read a sick joke online that I found rather funny: "Doctor, I--I can't feel my legs!" "Of course you can't, I took off your arms!"

No comments: