Friday, January 01, 2016

New Year's

Yesterday my choir performed at the Vaughan branch of the Villa Colombo.  We did a few of the songs from our Christmas program and several Italian folk songs that were new to me.  We were given the words, but only one or two had the melody.  Our next rehearsal is this Monday. (Paolo doesn't waste time!)

I met Rolando (the tailor who looks a bit like silent film actor Tully Marshall) at the Columbus Centre at 10:30, and he drove me and Isabella and Michelina up to Vaughan.  On the way back one of us noticed a driver who'd no doubt been celebrating too early swerving on the road!  We finally got back at 3:00, which played havoc with our lunch schedules.

Last night I was in bed at midnight but heard the fireworks going off, as usual.

That night my dreams were more vivid than usual. (My cipralex needs replenishing.) First I dreamed of singing karaoke in the Sackville house late at night, and preparing to sing the Sid Vicious version of "My Way," which I sometimes sing at real karaoke.  Then I dreamed of a film biography of a Victorian man reaching the top of the ladder and going out to manage a big business firm in the colonies.  Then I dreamed of being inside a huge, hollow ocean liner that contained a body of water with a sub-ship floating in it, and I recall the villain had a ship like that in the James Bond movie The Spy who Loved Me.  Then I dreamed of an alternative ending to Mad Men in which all the characters went on hikes along this New Brunswick route.  Then I dreamed of my family going home to Sackville from Moncton, except that we took a detour that led us to a non-existent historic fort on the far side of Saint John, causing me to suggest we stay overnight in that city.

Today I finally got back to baking bread, which I've left off for a while.

No comments: