Wednesday, February 06, 2019

Fifty-seven

Today was my 57th birthday.  I got a strawberry shortcake from Loblaw's, but we ate the regular falafel wraps with it.

Yesterday, after the memoir session, I went to Indigo Books and ordered my birthday indulgence:  a box set of the manga version of Hayao Miyazaki's Nausikaa of the Valley of the Wind. (I used my gift coupons to pay for most of it.) They'll ship it for free next week!

I've finished the anime seriesThe Rose of Versailles. (It got really compelling at the end.) Now I want to learn more about the French Revolution--I see a future subject for my History Discussion Group! (I've developed a cyclical system for event subjects:  pre-modern, then Europe, then Asia, then the New World.)

The other day my online friend Nikki introduced me to the website quora.ca .  That looks interesting!

I'm still getting over my cold. Yesterday Moira and I joined Pui and Gordon at King Noodle to celebrate the Chinese New Year.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy birthday James! Strawberry shortcake sounds really good: my favourite growing up was Black Forest cake.

I won't be at the history meetup tonight, as I want to avoid the ice storm. Hope you have a good turnout!

Debi