Thursday, January 31, 2019

A cold!

Sunday night a cold hit me like a ton of bricks! (I hardly got any sleep.) I haven't been doing much for the last three days.  On the other hand, Father got home from the hospital just before then.

Thursday I went to the opera rehearsal at the Anglican church north of Yonge & St. Clair. (I'd missed the previous week's practice because I didn't get the email saying where the new location was!)

Sunday was the Classic Book Club, where we discussed Boccaccio's Decameron.  It was pretty lively.  I'd finished the book just a day before, and now I'm reading Modern Italy:  A Short Introduction for my History Meetup.

Monday I had to miss the memoir session and an Organizers Meetup, but they both got cancelled anyway because of the snow!

I'm over the worst of my cold.  I should be able to keep my appointment with Dr. Hassan tomorrow.

Last night on Youtube I found Shel Silverstein's song "You're Always Welcome at Our House," which I remember hearing in my childhood.  So sue me, I like sick songs! (I must be repressed...) Silverstein had quite a range, also writing "The Unicorn" and "The Ballad of Lucy Jordan," as well as children's books like The Giving Tree. That one's a classic that can be interpreted in a thousand ways...

No comments: