Monday, May 20, 2019

NAUSICAA the anime

"Life is shortbreak the rulesforgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines"--Mark Twain

Lately the weather has been warm enough for me to open my windows! (The cherry tree in our front yard is in bloom.) And I wore my spring jacket yesterday.

Friday was so nice that Father went to the pharmacy by himself.  But on the way back he fell and bumped his head and had to get stitches in the hospital.  It was hours before we found out what had happened to him, which was scary. (He could only remember our old phone number--next time he'll have the new number on paper!) But he was home that evening.

At Saturday's Crowdreads Meetup I read my translation of the Korean fairy tale "O^nuli," and they liked it.  John had Mark Twain quotes.

I'm still translating the book about Korean engineer Jang Yongshil.  He visited China to learn their astronomical methods and became obsessed with Chinese water clocks, whose accuracy made sophisticated astronomical calculation possible.

Tonight I went to the Yonge & Dundas and saw Hayao Miyazaki's
anime feature of Nausicaa of Wind Valley again.  Of course it's a simpler version of the very complex manga, which I still haven't finished reading.

I was a few days late renewing my Cipralex prescription, and my dreams got vivid again.  One of them was my old repeating dream of being back in high school! (urrgh...)

No comments: