Wednesday, May 29, 2019

PETERLOO

"It is our Christian duty to bring the axe down on this riotous mob!"--Peterloo

Yesterday I finished the Istanbul book.  Now I've started reading Kenneth Morgan's Australia:  A Very Short Introduction for my History Meetup in July.  I also finished the graphic biography of Rose Wilder Lane and I'm ready to start the one about Margaret Sanger.

Tonight I saw Mike Leigh's historical drama Peterloo with Debi and Malcolm from the History Meetup.  It was remarkably good, with believable detail.  Its running time is two and a half hours, but it didn't feel long.

I've been reading through my Classics Illustrated comics collection slowly but steadily.  Stuff like The Covered Wagon and Davey Crockett and Rob Roy and the pirate novel The Dark Frigate.  Now I've started reading my Classics Illustrated Junior fairy tale comics, starting with their last publication, "The Princess who Saw Everything." (How Orwellian...) I wish I had "How Fire Came to the Indians"!

I'm now past Level 2000 in Candy Crush Saga!  And I'm over the hump in the city-planning game Elvenar.

No comments: