Thursday, September 26, 2019

Campaign office

"It was rare foresight on the part of the wise man who favours me to make what is really and truly the helmet of Mambrino seem a basin to everyone else, because it is held in such high esteem that everyone would pursue me in order to take it from me; but since they see it as only a barber's basin, they do not attempt to obtain it, as was evident when that man tried to shatter it, then left it on the ground, not taking it away with him; by my faith, if he had recognized it for what it was he never would have left it behind"--Don Quixote

I've started doing volunteer work on the St. Paul's NDP campaign, as I've been doing for twenty years.  Their federal candidate is Alok Mukherjee, and the official kickoff was on Saturday. (It helps that the campaign office is only a few blocks from my house!)

Lots of different stuff to do in a campaign.  Sunday I divide thousands of leaflets into bundles of 200, which didn't take so long:  first I counted out 25, then made a second pile of the same height and combined them into 50, and did the same thing again to get 100, and again to get 200. Eventually I kept one pile of 200 and made new piles of the same height!

Yesterday I went out dropping leaflets with Mrs. Mukherjee in a single block next to Melita Crescent.  And today I went out putting up NDP signs.  We were driving around the neighbourhood for three hours, and when I got home dinner was cold! (I could have microwaved it, but I didn't feel motivated enough.)

I finished bringing in the potatoes the other day.  Now John can add a new layer of topsoil to that frame as he planned.

I finally got around to sending in the Civic Centre Public Space Account Application for my Play Readthrough Meetup.

My new shoes feel great!

No comments: