Thursday, September 19, 2019

THE LAST VALLEY

"Speak quickly.  I ran out of patience twelve years ago!"--The Last Valley

I took over the Play Read-Through Meetup and I'm trying to find a location for it.  I hoped to book a room at a library branch but that process has proved too bureaucratic for me. I'm going to try for a room at Metro Hall instead.

Monday night I went to a Meetup for over-50 dating.  We met at Chi, the same place where I went to an Organizers Meetup the other year.  Thirty people came, and it was a bit intimidating.

Last night the History Meetup screened James Clavell's The Last Valley, about a group of mercenaries in the Thirty Years War who find a village in a valley that's avoided the general devastation and arrange an uneasy coexistence.  Surprisingly intelligent.  A dozen people said they were coming but just five showed up.

Today I went to Walmart and finally bought new shoes. (I also got a shirt and pants.) Now I'll use my old shoes in the garden and finish gathering in the potatoes so John can put some more soil in the frame.

I finished translating the story "Early Morning Rabbits" into Korean!

No comments: