Sunday, September 29, 2019

Climate March

"I do not know how long I lay there on the ground, but then I woke, and was not hungry, and there were goatherds with me who undoubtedly were the ones who helped me in my need, because they told me how they had found me, and how I was saying so many foolish things and raving so much that I clearly had lost my reason; from that time on I have felt that I am not always in my right mind, and my reason is so damaged and weak that I do a thousand mad acts, tearing my clothes, shouting in these desolate places, cursing my fate, and repeating in vain the beloved name of my enemy, having no other purpose or intention than to shout my life to an end; when I come back to myself, I am so tired and bruised I can barely move"--Don Quixote

"Please let my poor life choices cause my death, not climate change"--my favorite placard

Yesterday I went on the Climate March.  Lots of placards saying things like "Respect your mother," with an image of the earth, "What we stand for is what we stand on," and "Eat the rich." (One said, "You'll never be a billionaire, but that doesn't mean you can't find out how they taste!") In the last march I started near the end and advanced to the front; this time I started near the front and let people pass me.

After I got home, John was digging up the basement's cement floor near our main water pipe, so Moira and I were carrying bucketloads of cement and dirt to the back yard.  He may end up redoing the whole floor!

Thursday I set up some Mukherjee signs on Wychcrest Avenue.  Later, at opera rehearsal, we started staging the first act from Tales of Hoffmann with the drinking students.

Today I went to an Astrology Meetup. (I wish I knew the exact time of my birth to determine my ascendant, but I'm really not motivated enough to seek out the records and find out!) Then I went on Betty-Anne's Queen Street West art walk.  I was somewhat late because the Queen streetcar went into a King Street detour between Yonge and Spadina!

No comments: