Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Post-Easter chocolate

Bulma: "If there's a boat there must be people, and where there's people there's shopping!"--Dragonball

I got off my bum today and went to Shoppers Drug Mart for my annual ritual of buying discounted Easter candy.  I had to wait in a queue to get in, but when I left it was significantly longer.  My favourite stuff is the chocolate-covered marshmallows.

I finished the second year of One Piece. Episodes 85 and 86 are must-see, telling the back story of the anthropomorphized reindeer Chopper.  Now Moira has started watching it!

Now I'm watching the dubbed Dragonball again, six episodes a day.  It's really fun, though I admit a lot of the humour is on the vulgar side. In the storyline I'm now rewatching Son Goku is up against the sinister Red Ribbon Army in a new search for the seven balls, resulting in some funny villains.  Goku climbed into Muscle Tower and met the Frankenstein-like Android #8, who turned out to be a  mild-mannered pacifist he made friends with and dubbed 8er!  That's the sort of thing Luffy often does with prospective enemies on One Piece too. (One Piece artist Eiichiro Oda started out as an assistant on Dragonball, and the earlier show's influence is clear.)

Yes, I am disappointed about Bernie Sanders endorsing Joe Biden.  I think that the best way to stop Trump is by stopping someone as unelectable as Biden from getting the Democratic nomination.  Don't be passive and accept it as a done deal!  And the only chance of preventing Biden's nomination is if enough voters promise not to choose him in November.  It's time for Sanders' movement to outgrow him.

My Twitter account got another three-day freeze after following too many fellow Tweeters!  On Twitter I've seen talk of a general strike, and I think the best time would be after the self-isolation ends and the elite is relying on the economy getting restarted. (I feel like a syndicalist from a century ago...)

I'm almost finished The Vortex Years.  There's a lot of talk about Freud and Nietzsche and the latent violence that presaged the Great War.

Our kitchen is almost finished--we now have all the shelves installed and most of them are filled.  I hope we can go back to eating at the dinner table again soon!

No comments: