Thursday, May 02, 2013

Which is scarier?

"Well, a boy's best friend is his mother"--Norman Bates

This afternoon I had a dental checkup. (My dentist is Czech.) It turned out the filling in one of my molars has got old and is no longer stopping decay.  I'll have to get a new filling and there may be a root canal too. (Ouch!)

This evening I went to see Alfred Hitchcock's PSYCHO, for about the fourth time, at the Yonge & Dundas Event Screen.  It's still pretty shocking.  Murray Pomerantz from Ryerson did a Q&A session afterward.  He says he isn't interested in seeing the Anthony Hopkins movie about its making, but the book it's based on is good. (He'll be presenting Francis Coppola's THE CONVERSATION later this month.)

I saw some fliers at the cinema showing the Event Screen's May schedule, but it still hasn't been posted online! (Who's in charge?) They're showing the original OCEAN'S ELEVEN next week, and also stuff like SWINGERS and HARD CORE LOGO and ROMEO+JULIET.

Moira found me a new pair of jeans that are the right length.

On THE HUFFINGTON POST they're arguing about the Obama administration appealing the court ruling to allow girls to buy Plan B "morning after" contraception without parental consent.  I may have said this before, but IMHO it's emergency medication that should be provided on demand.  How many girls take a week to get up the courage to tell their parents they've had sex when Plan B has to be taken within a few days?  Appeasing the fundamentalists will win the Democrats few votes.

No comments: