Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Classic Book Club

Saturday I went to the Met Tales of Hoffmann screening at the Yonge & Eglinton.  Afterward I wrote a Captain Snark piece about it. (I've learned to add an image attachment at the head of the piece.)

Yesterday the Classic Book Club met at the Victory Cafe and we discussed the first half of Our Mutual Friend and a lot of other things.  Jane has already finished the book, so she skipped the event lest she spoil the plot.  The meeting went on for two and a half hours, longer than usual.

The organizer of the new History Book & Movie Meetup stepped down with the first event scheduled for Wednesday (and no location).  So I took over and chose the Just Desserts near Wellesley Station for the location.  This is the same way I took over ROLT a few years ago.  I reached my limit of Meetups to organize, so I dropped the one connected to the memoir slam.  I have a lot of ideas about what me might read and view.

Today I wrote a pretty long Captain Snark piece about the movie Eyes Wide Shut.  I'm really getting into this new site!  I've only just started to tell people about it, since it's a work in progress.

No comments: