Sunday, March 15, 2015

Opera gala

Thursday night was the opera gala.  When we sang the Champagne Song, while the soloists were singing the chorus was supposed to dance, so I danced the twist and the limbo!  Jenny was drawing sketches backstage and I watched over her shoulder.  Someone sang Musetta's Waltz from La Boheme, which strikes me as a rather sad song.

Beatrice has set the complete program for the choir's upcoming concert, and it includes "To Dream the Impossible Dream" and "That's Amore!" and "Vilia" from The Merry Widow.

Wednesday night I saw The Wrecking Crew at the Bloor.  It's a documentary about a group of session musicians in 1960s Los Angeles who contributed to some of the period's most memorable records. (Glenn Campbell was the one who went on to solo stardom.) It's something like Standing in the Shadows of Motown.  After seeing it I had to go to Youtube and listen to "River Deep, Mountain High" again!

Last night John and his family came over.  Katherine made chilli for us and I ate too much!  That night I was really late getting to sleep, and didn't get up till after 14:00!

In that online game Forge of Empires you can collect coins from the houses every eight hours.  I used to collect from them twice a day, but the last few days I've been doing it three times, which makes a big difference in the coinage level.  The catch is that I have to get up and go online early in the morning. (Then I go back to bed.)

No comments: