Sunday, April 26, 2015

The last opera of the season

The weather got cool last week and I had to take my coat and scarf back out for a few days.  But now I've put them away again.

Wednesday I had to go see Dr. Hassan to get my Cipralex prescription renewed. (Why does the expiry always come sooner than I expect?) I went without it for a couple of days, and had dreams more vivid than usual.  In one I was visiting Walter White's family, not in Albuquerque where Breaking Bad took place, but in Venice Beach near Los Angeles!  I went out for a walk (in the dream) and got lost.

Thursday night I went on Betty-Anne's first art walk this year.   We went along Dundas West again.  At one place there was an art installation with a birthday theme, and coincidentally the place smelled like cake!

Friday the Fun-Loving Friends Meetup had an event at the Dutch Dreams ice cream place.  I didn't have to walk far, but it was at 5:30 on the same day that John and Kathrine were bringing falafels over. (They arrived just as I was leaving.) As a result, I had to have my dessert before my dinner--I hope that isn't against the law!  And I finished my ice cream so quickly that I got brain freeze.  I got back home before they'd even started dinner, which was convenient.

Yesterday afternoon I saw the last of the Met opera cinema casts this season:  a double bill of Mascagni's Cavalleria Rusticana and Leoncavallo's I Pagliacci.  It was very entertaining, especially the latter's commedia dell'arte play within a play.  They told us the operas being getting the cinemacast treatment next year, and I'm interested in Wagner's Tannhauser, Verdi's Otello and Bizet's The Pearl Fishers.

Today Moira and I went to Wychwood Barns and bought a new compost bin for $15. (Joe Mihevc's blurb had said they were free, but it was still a pretty good price.)


No comments: