Tuesday, February 02, 2016

BLOODLINE

"Don't make this about us!" "I'm making it about you"--Bloodline

We're halfway through Bloodline.  It's a complex, impressive family melodrama, and it's getting pretty dark.   Chloe Sevigny is making the most of her supporting role.  I'll want to see it again before long!

We're now rehearsing the opera on both Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

Friday night I went to the opening of an art exhibit at the Power Plant in Harbourfront. (I'd gone there the previous Friday, not realizing I was a week early!) I liked the part where the walls and ceilings were lined with butterflies.  Could have done without the loud music.

Yesterday afternoon I went to John Snow's book club, which was discussing Yves Beauchemin's Quebec novel Alley Cat.  I hadn't read the book, but John doesn't mind.  He promoted this blog, so I may get some more readers.  TIA!

At the memoir group this afternoon there was another new girl:  Maria from Yugoslavia.  It turned out she's a friend of our opera director Beatrice.  Small world!

At tonight's choir practice we started doing Verdi's Anvil Chorus and a medley of patriotic Italian songs from World War I.  Giovanni was away, so Oksana drove me to St. Clair Avenue instead.

The weather's got pretty warm, so I stopped wearing my long johns and winter boots.

1 comment:

Reesey2369 said...

Always a pleasure when our paths cross, James! I hope to see the Power Plant Winter Exhibition soon. Your memoir blog is great reading. I like reading your anecdotes. This one is great too but tackles events differently.

- Marisse