Wednesday, May 25, 2016

DOCTOR ZHIVAGO

(on having burned the wrong village) "A village betrayed us, a village was burnt.  Point made!" "Your point, their village"--Doctor Zhivago

Saturday afternoon I went on another Art Walk.  Betty-Anne and her husband brought a load of vegan cupcakes!

I'm kicking myself!  I thought I'd scheduled the Classic Book Club event, discussing the I, Claudius sequel for Sunday at 2:00 as usual.  But it turned out I'd somehow put the time as 7:00, so two of us came in the afternoon and the other three in the evening! (But Malcolm and I did get to discuss about videos I might borrow from him to screen for the History Discussion Group.)

Saturday I bought a garden spade at Canadian Tire.  I'm now finished preparing the garden for planting!  So of course it's gonna rain tomorrow...

Tonight the History Discussion Group screened David Lean's Doctor Zhivago at Debi's place near the Distillery District, with a DVD I'd borrowed from 2Q Video, which also has the Keira Knightley miniseries! (I brought some Timbits.) It was at least the fifth time I'd seen it.  The book was a lot more complex, but of course that's inevitable.  Afterward Leon from Moldova gave me a ride home.

For some reason I can't think of much to write about just now.

No comments: