Sunday, July 10, 2016

Salsa weekend

This weekend was the Salsa on St. Clair festival, so my neighbourhood was pretty noisy again.

Wednesday night I saw The Free State of Jones at the Yonge & Dundas with the History Discussion Group.  It was pretty good despite being overlong.  Matthew McConaughey is getting meatier roles these days.

I was going to see another Hitchcock movie, North by Northwest, on Thursday night but it was on early and John and his family were coming over for dinner, so I had to cancel.  Today I planned to go to The Man Who Knew Too Much ('50s version), but again dinner was late so I cancelled again.

Yesterday the History Discussion Group met at Black Creek Pioneer Village to discussion Pierre Berton's Canada.  Getting there was an adventure: I took the express bus to the York University campus, then walked west.  I'd never noticed that the two places were so close together!

This afternoon the Classic Book Club discussed The Good Earth.  Which reminds me that I'll have to get Moira to order the library copy of the movie because I've misplaced my card!

No comments: