Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Eleven days to go!

I'm eleven days from my London flight.  Last night I was looking up some of the stuff on the London stage.  The Royal Opera has Verdi's Don Carlo and the English National Opera has a "semi-staged" version of Rodgers & Hammerstein's Carousel.  The National Theatre is playing the stage version of the Asperger's Syndrome novel The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time. (I've actually seen that in the cinemacast, but might as well see it again.) And they have a new version of Woyzeck at the Old Vic.

Saturday afternoon Betty Anne had another art walk but I thought it was going to be in the Junction area when it was actually near Dundas & Ossington!  Oh well, I got out of the house.

I've started digging the garden. (Well begun is half done!) I might even manage to plant some stuff before I leave.

I've started on a new Facebook game called Taonga.  It's another one of those games where you turn wild forest into a productive farm.  I'm already at Level Eight!

I'm now in the Brobdingnag section of Gulliver's Travels.  I was thinking some more about the rain:  if the raindrops were Lilliputian in size, rain would have been a fine mist for Gulliver. But if they were regular (which seems more likely), floods would be very common there!

At the memoir group today Nancy mentioned that her father used to quote to her the Tom Swift line: "You bounder,  I shall thrash you within an inch of your life!"

Another short post today.  Sometimes the juices don't flow so lushly...

No comments: