Thursday, April 20, 2017

GULLIVER'S TRAVELS

"I swear to you, I'll get him!"--the third North & South miniseries

I've started reading Jonathan Swift's Gulliver's Travels for the Classic Book Club.  Now that I think of it, the book's a very original combination of genres: sea story, foreign adventure, acute and often vulgar satire, and science fiction with its moral element.

Monday I saw the third North & South miniseries, set in the post-Civil War era and the cheesiest of all.  At least it was only half as long as the others!

Today I finally got my taxes done. (It isn't like me to leave them this long--I guess I've been preoccupied.) It's easier now that we've put my money in a ten-year deposit, and I did the whole thing online.  Now I'll want to dig the back yard garden before I leave for London in a couple of weeks.

Tonight I went to an Outsiders Meetup.  Lots of talk about how people are either troopers, players or outsiders.  I had to admit that I don't even care if I'm on the outside looking in!

Last night I dreamed of moving furniture around in my room in our old Sackville house, with the blue carpet getting distorted.

No comments: