Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Dreams

The other night I had that dream again where I'm visiting Russia, which is odd because when I'm awake I don't have any conscious desire to do that. (Moira asked how I knew it was Russia, but in dreams you just know things!) I'll have to tell my shrink Dr. Hassan about it.

Just last night I dreamed of seeing director Stephen Frears and actor Daniel Day-Lewis being interviewed early in the morning.  Where that comes from was some twenty years ago Moira told me about seeing a TV interview with Frears, and said, "He's so cool he looks like he just got out of bed!" I also had another repeating dream where I'm trying to pack clothes and stuff but making a hash of it.  I suppose that's a common one.

On Sunday I finished raking the leaves on the lawn and putting them in big collection bags, which Father had started. (We got an extra-wide rake!) That evening I went to see a master class the opera group put on for soloists, which was at a church just a few blocks east of here.  I wasn't feeling well and left early, but did hear Renato's big aria from Verdi's A Masked Ball and one from Benjamin Britten's Billy Budd.

Next Sunday is Reading Out Loud Meetup.  Through ABE Books I've ordered Kaleidoscope, a collection of Canadian short stories I was lucky enough to read in high school.  A lot of good stuff there worth reading aloud, by writers like Mordecai Richler and Alice Munro and Hugh Garner and Hugh MacLennan.  I asked for Priority Post, so it should be here by Friday.

The other day I upgraded my computer's operating system from Sierra to High Sierra.  There must be some Bogart fans in Silicon Valley.

I misplaced my watch for a week or two, but just found it again in my room!

No comments: