Monday, November 27, 2017

Fundraiser

"It really had not occurred to her to think of them in that light.  Scullery maids were machines who carried coal scuttles and made fires"--A Little Princess

"When you think about it, the same God who made you and me made a rattlesnake.  That don't make sense!"--Godless

"He was engaged in counter-counter-counterespionage." "It looks like someone countered his counter!"--The Avengers

Yesterday afternoon we had our opera fundraiser at St. Paul's Catholic church near Queen & Parliament.  There were quite a few snacks at the reception afterward, as usual, and I spoiled my dinner somewhat.

Yesterday Dawna and I saw a couple of episodes of The Avengers, both of which were pretty complicated.  The first one was about an invisibility formula that turned out to be a hoax. (We'd also seen that on a Get Smart episode!)  The second was about spies using pigeon-cams and sending their secrets through a talking parrot. Emma went undercover as a model, not illogically.

A Little Princess is a great story!  I read more than a hundred pages over the weekend.

Godless is getting stranger and stranger, not that I mind.

On Youtube just now I've been listening to Leroy Anderson's instrumental pieces.  I especially like "Trumpeter's Lullaby" and "China Doll."

No comments: