Saturday, February 03, 2018

RAISING ARIZONA


"Give me that baby, you warthog from hell!"--Raising Arizona

On the new streetcars I still feel a bit awkward taking a seat that faces backward, compared to the old ones where they all faced forward or sideways.  But I suppose that life (or history) is like travelling in a streetcar where you can't see where you're going, only where you come from!  Except that they travel along lines that are far from straight...

Last night was the History Meetup discussing the Middle Ages.  Nine people came!  I got a start on collecting dues to pay the year's Meetup fees.

Tonight I saw the Coen Brothers' Raising Arizona (for at least the third time) at the Yonge & Dundas Flashback film festival.  What a hoot! Nicolas Cage as Hi reminds me of the TV alien ALF.

For the last couple of days the game Candy Crush Saga has kept choking on me in mid-game, so I cleared my Chrome memory cache.  I've also bought Clean My Mac software to get rid of junk that slows my computer down. Meanwhile, I've got my backlog of unopened emails down to a little over 1500.  

No comments: