Wednesday, July 04, 2018

Dog days

The hot weather is here!  In recent nights I've been sleeping with the windows open. (Opening and closing them is a bit of trouble.) We haven't been using the air conditioning, but I've turned on the fan a few times to spread the cooler basement air through the house.

Today I went to Shoppers Drug Mart and refilled my Cipralex prescription.  It takes a while to get it ready for pickup, and I usually go over  to Whychwood Library to kill some time.  But that branch has closed for renovations for a year or two.

What will I do to kill time now?  I went over to the parkette on Wychwood Avenue, across the street from Wychwood Barns, and read some more of King Leopold's Ghost, about how the rubber boom began.  That book's a real jaw-dropper!

Today was Tuesday, so I went to Ali Baba's near Ossington Station and bought four falafel wraps for our dinner.  It's getting to be a Tuesday ritual for us. (I get them with lettuce, cabbage and pickled turnip--don't like onions or tomatoes--and two with the hot sauce and two without.)

No comments: