Friday, December 07, 2018

Opening night!

The opera is underway.  Last Thursday we were rehearsing our stage movements again in the church gym.  Then Saturday morning we worked with the soloists. (The chorus parts were done first so we could leave early.) Monday night was the tech rehearsal at the Al Green theatre, then Tuesday was the dress rehearsal.  I got to wear my glasses with my costume, and the bright stage lights got to me.

And tonight was the opening! Someone brought some fudge, and it was addictive!  I finished the Lapham's Quarterly discovery issue, and during our long waits in the green room downstairs I've been reading Blood of the Celts for my History Meetup. (After reading the first chapter, I decided to read the rest in reverse order, first the last chapter, then second-last etc.)

Wednesday night was the History Meetup where we discussed Abraham Lincoln. Dora Keogh was crowded and noisy, so we moved to Timothy's World Coffee on Danforth and Jackman.

It looks like my new Prestocard monthly pass has registered on my online account.  But the TTC machines are still rejecting the card! (I'll have to phone them tomorrow.)

I'm now watching an online Geeknight series where two guys discuss that anime Revolutionary Girl Utena episode by episode.  Their analyses are as long as the original episodes, but fascinating.

I've given up those Facebook games Farmcliff and Golden Frontier.  I started the same company's Cloud Kingdom, but probably won't continue with it.


No comments: