Monday, December 17, 2018

The People's Vote

https://www.gocomics.com/9chickweedlane/2018/12/07

I was thinking about this People's Vote movement in Great Britain. (I'm talking about it here because there isn't enough room on Twitter.) If you ask me, they should have a plebiscite with four options:

1.  Leave the EU by the terms of the agreement the government negotiated.
2.  Reject the agreement, and leave the EU without any agreement.
3.  Reject the agreement, and don't leave the EU until a new agreement is concluded.
4.  Don't leave the EU at all.

Eleven people said they were coming to today's Reading Out Loud Meetup, but I was the only one who showed up. Someone tell me what I'm doing wrong! (If I knew of more reliable people, I'd invite them...)

Despite that, I've been in a pretty good mood the last few days due to being busier than usual.  Friday I went to an Employment & Social Services office near Church & Jarvis to submit the form that'll give me an ODSP discount on TTC fares. (For me, finding a new place in the city is always a fun adventure!) And yesterday I moved one of those big bookcases into my room and filled most of it with the books that are taking up so much space. (Which meant moving some existing furniture to make room for it.)

I've finished watching the original Dragon Ball series online.  I don't dare take up Dragon Ball Z for some time yet!

One of the comic strips I follow, 9 Chickweed Lane, did a story the other week about a character who wanted to audition to play Jack Point (the clown who loses the girl) in a local production of Gilbert & Sullivan's The Yeomen of the Guard.  That piqued my curiosity, and I went on Youtube and found an exquisite clip of a Proms performance of a famous duet from that show! (That's it above.) Unlike with other strips I can only post a link to this one.

No comments: