Monday, June 03, 2019

INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE

"That should be in a museum!" "So should you!"--Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Wednesday I saw Steven Spielberg's Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade at the Yonge & Dundas, for the first time!  I saw it mainly for Sean Connery as McGuffin-hunter Indy's father. The plot didn't really make sense to me. (Spoilers!) This rich industrialist working with the Nazis hires Indy's father Henry to go to Venice in search of the Holy Grail, then they decide that Henry's getting too close to it, so they spirit Henry away to this German castle and hope to grab his diary with all his search notes and continue the search without him, except that Henry has already mailed the diary to his son, bringing Indy into the race... Frankly, Nazis are easy villains!

Movie plots aren't as comprehensible as they used to be.  I recall that Executive Decision in the '90s had a plot where some terrorists have an A-bomb or anthrax or something aboard an airliner heading toward (endless foreshadowing) Washington, D.C.!  Then the terrorists take over the plane just to make sure that it arrives...

Thursday Moira and I finally went out and bought seeds for the garden.  I've planted the head crops, and only the carrots and beans and such are left.

I just bought a book showing all the different forms of Korean verbs.  That's something I could use just now, since Duolingo and Google Translate aren't so useful for learning that stuff.

I've switched browsers, from Chrome to Brave.  I can no longer get into the games Forge of Empires (and I was getting close to the Industrial Age!) and Candy Crush Saga, but that's just as well.

No comments: