Wednesday, June 12, 2019

June is busting out all over...

"Ensued a fifteen-minute argument about the oldest topic in the world:  It's art but is it pretty?"--Main Street

Today I finally finished planting the seeds in our garden (carrots, beans, peas, kale). I would have done it Sunday but I mowed the lawn instead.  It was late this year, but it'll be early in the years to come!

Saturday I joined my singing group for a front-porch concert as part of a big fundraiser in Carolyn's neighborhood on Monarch Park Avenue.  Then I went to Crowdreads where we discussed sports. (I've been hearing noisy Raptors fans in my own neighborhood lately.) 

I read the opening pages of Main Street, which is a really sharp satire!  The joke is on the city-slicker heroine as much as the parochials.

Sunday was the Classic Book Club, where we discussed Brave New World. (Jane hated it!) Once again, over twenty people said they were coming but only five showed up.

On Youtube lately I've been watching cartoons with Ludwig von Drake, whom I liked on The Wonderful World of Disney long ago.  Paul Frees was a great cartoon voice actor! (He did Boris Badenov too.) I remember watching the last minutes of Hymn Sing while waiting for Disney to come on, then the first commercial after the closing credits would be for the latest Disney movie release.

Last week I dreamed of Robert Mitchum in the film noir Out of the Past.

No comments: