Tuesday, December 03, 2019

Snow

"Look, my friends, there are four kinds of lineage and, listen carefully, all the lineages in the world can be reduced to these:  some had humble beginnings, and extended and expanded until they reached the heights of greatness; others had noble beginnings, and preserved them, and still preserve and maintain them just as they were; still others may have had noble beginnings but, like pyramids, they tapered to a point, having diminished and annihilated their origins until they ended in nothingness, as the tip of the pyramid is nothing compared to its base or bottom; finally, there are others, and these are the majority, that did not have a good beginning or a reasonable middle, and therefore in the end they have no name, like the lineages of ordinary plebeians"--Don Quixote

"No shock lasts longer than 48 hours.  There's too much appetite for the next shock"--The Crown

The snow arrived yesterday.  My singing group's rehearsal was cancelled, but my memoir group had been cancelled beforehand so it wasn't affected.

Well, we may not have a bedbug problem after all.  But we gave one room a steam-cleaning Saturday to be on the safe side.

I've finished the South Africa history.  Now I have to finish Don Quixote before the book club meets on Sunday, but I like a challenge!

Finished the third season of The Crown.  It must be painful viewing for the real-life Royals! (I have a feeling that they took considerable dramatic licence...)

Lately I've been watching the Cinematic Excrement channel on Youtube.  As the name suggests, Sean "Smeghead" Moore is discussing movies he doesn't like.  But it's better than he sounds:  he goes into detail about each film, even mentioning parts that he does like!

I've started taking dinner up to my room because I don't like having to listen to the TV while I'm eating.


No comments: