Wednesday, December 25, 2019

The kitchen's turn

Today John started renovating the kitchen.  The kitchen's between Father's room and the rest of the house, so when it gets hard to navigate I'm going to trade rooms with him for a while! (If I can bring my computer, no problemo.) But that won't be for several more days.  We're going to do our cooking on a hotplate in the dining room for the next while--Moira made omelet today and it came out fine.  When the kitchen's finished we'll be ready to buy a new stove and fridge.

This first day he was bringing down the ceiling, and Moira and I were helping him tote the detritus out back:  wood (full of long nails), drywall and plaster.  We were wearing these dust masks, and the only problem is that when you're outdoors and have it over your nose it can make your glasses fog up!

Sunday afternoon I saw 63 Up at the Bloor.  That series is getting even more powerful as the people grow older. (The librarian is dead and the physicist has cancer.) Some of them don't think much of Brexit!

On Twitter I'm close to 2800 followers!  I've been going through the Tweeters I follow and moving hundreds of non-followers onto the lists I keep so I won't have to follow them directly and can leave room for more who will follow.  I was looking at my "characters" list last week and saw a Tweet by Jan Wong, a reporter I admire, recalling when she was starting out and had to enter a gentleman's club through the back door. I wrote a comment comparing her experience to an episode of Mad Man I'd seen involving a club where, one character said, a woman could only enter inside a cake--and Jan Wong liked my comment!  That meant a lot to me.

Last week when Maria was visiting she lost one of our mittens, and now it's turned up in our back yard!

I finished the first season of Dragon Ball and switched to watching the  original "harem" anime Tenchi Muyou! on Youtube.  Yeah, it's a guilty pleasure for me.

No comments: