Monday, January 15, 2007

Things I like about the internet:

1. The forums. I've talked about several subjects, and even made some friends. I've also learned to upload images.

2. The ezines. Everyday I look at salon.com and huffingtonpost.com. (Does that tell you what my politics are?)

3. Ebay. I've bought tons of old comic strips, and also sold a lot. A feedback line I received saying "One of Ebay's best" is priceless to me.

4. Email. Though I get a lot of spam, it's very useful for quick communication everywhere.

5. Bookselling pages. You can find almost any book edition at amazon.com or abebooks.com.

6. Sites like meetup.com, meetin.org and torontolinkup.com, which help me meet people for common activities. Using the internet doesn't have to keep you isolated in your home.

7. Search engines like google.com. I can look up anything on a whim.

8. News sites. It's easy to keep well-informed on anything.

9. The DVD rental site zip.ca. (It's the Canadian equivalent of Netflix.) I appreciate having an extremely wide range of films to rent, and my queue has over 500 selections.

10. Blogs. Especially being able to write one myself.

No comments: