Thursday, October 04, 2012

I'm the family baker

We have a bread machine, and I bake bread every week.  It's a real art to add the right amount of water so that the loaf will be nice and big, but not so big that it reaches the ceiling. (I like to mix the dough than refrigerate it overnight to limit the loaf size.) For things like whole wheat and multigrain, I use molasses and honey instead of sugar.

Variety is important, because the baking routine can get boring easily.  I've developed a twelve-week cycle of different breads.

1:  Whole wheat bread

2:  Raisin bread

3:  Multigrain bread

4:  White bread

5:  Whole wheat

6:  Rye bread (actually a mix of white, whole wheat and rye flour)

7:  Multigrain

8:  Raisin

9:  Whole wheat

10:  Cheese bread

11:  Multigrain

12:  Rye


No comments: