Monday, February 11, 2013

Straight Edge Meetup

Today I went to a Straight Edge Meetup event.  We met at the Eglinton West station and walked south on Spadina Road from St. Clair to Bloor, passing by Casa Loma.  I was afraid that the snow would cause no-shows like with yesterday's event, but seven people showed up, as many as were expected.

I met a guy from Brazil.  A Chinese woman was telling him all about how non-citizens had to be careful about crossing the Canada-US border because they might not allow you to return.

For a while I've been playing Candy Crush Saga and Pet Rescue Saga at an "intermediate" level, starting at level 12 and 14 every time, the lowest levels where the game started challenging. (The highest level I'd get to before using up all my lives was 21 or 22.) But I've decided to do something different, and started the game at the highest level I'd already reached.  Naturally, I've ended up reaching new levels, and now I'm at 28 and 26.

What with the opera rehearsals, I now have the Hoffmann-Giulietta duet going through my head.  (In previous years it's been stuff like the love duet in LUCIA DI LAMERMOOR.) I also have some of the MACBETH opera from the Coro Verdi rehearsals sticking around.  I must say that the more I learn that opera's music, the more I like it.

No comments: