Monday, April 21, 2014

Tax time

"I wonder what you do all day?" "I run in and out of doors trying to stay out of the rain"--It Happened One Night

Yesterday afternoon I saw Frank Capra's It Happened One Night (for the second time) at the Event Screen with a big group from the Classic Movie Meetup.  It's a well-crafted populist comedy with a nice chemistry between Clark Gable and Claudette Colbert.  I liked the scene where Gable pretended to be a tough gangster to shut up a guy who was endangering their secret.

It was unusually warm today, so I opened my windows for the first time in months.  I also strolled down to Hillcrest Park, which attracted a lot of other people too.

I finally finished my tax return. (I would have done it Friday night, but I went to see Purple Rain instead.  Priorities first!) As usual, I didn't earn enough to qualify for paying taxes, even with the Aquilon Books profit being put in my name.  I'd do my taxes earlier, but I have to wait for Father to get up a financial statement for our used-book business.  I included receipts for my TTC Metropass subscription and my Ontario N.D.P. membership, but there wasn't much point:  I would have had nothing to pay anyhow.

We're still watching that series exploring Shakespeare on Netflix.  We've just seen Derek Jacobi talking about Richard II and Jeremy Irons discussing the trilogy involving Henry IV and V.  I don't know as much about Shakespeare as I should!

I've finally finished that book about 50 architectural ideas!  And I'm running short, alas.

No comments: