Saturday, April 12, 2014

"The Second Cup on Yonge Street"

I would have gone to see my MP Carolyn Bennett today with the group from Fair Vote to present our petition for proportional representation.  But I went to the wrong branch of The Second Cup to meet the group.  The place was set as The Second Cup near Yonge & Heath two months ago (there were some delays), but I thought it was the one near Yonge & Davisville.  A few days ago the guy arranging it reminded us to meet on "The Second Cup on Yonge Street." Well, that could be a lot of places!  I wish I could have gone directly to the constituency office, but I'd forgotten where it was and he didn't remind us.

These things are really frustrating for me! (Moira asked me, "Are you still taking your medication?") It reminds me of when I started university 35 years ago.  They had an initiation for people to enter the freshman class, but fortunately it was just a scavenger hunt.  However, they changed the place at the last moment and the only signs to show the right place were posted in the dining halls.  I was a townie so I missed out.

Then 20 years ago or so the Joint Center of Asia-Pacific Studies was having a Christmas party or something at this Thai restaurant downtown.  But I came too early and the others came too late.  I tried to explain the reservation group I was part of, but I was dealing with a waiter who couldn't speak English!

I still felt annoyed when I went out this evening to see the documentary Satan Came to Eden at the Bloor.  It's about some Germans who moved away from civilization to a remote island in the Galapagos and the homicidal end result. (They'd been reading too many Karl May westerns.) It reminded me of a Werner Herzog movie.

Today I managed to read sixty pages of From the Earth to the Moon!

It's funny with this blog.  Last week I went six days between posts, but this week I've been finding something to write about every night.  And I haven't padded it out that much!

No comments: